Categories

Home » Uncategorized » HVFCo: Chimney Fire

HVFCo: Chimney Fire

Written by Olivia Drake.

chimney-fire-12-10-16Haddam Volunteer Fire Co. responded to a chimney fire at 11:40 a.m. Dec. 10, 2016 on Island View Terrace in Haddam.

Firefighters removed burning debris from the home’s wood stove and disconnected the stove from the chimney. Firefighters were unable to reach the fire with a dry chemical extinguisher, so they accessed the fire via the roof, where they used chimney chains to knock down the burning debris.

This was the first reported chimney fire for Haddam Fire this season.

The Haddam Fire Marshal recommended that the homeowners have their chimney cleaned and inspected.

For more information on chimney fires, see this article.

Please follow and like us: