Categories

Home » Opinion » Letters to the Editor » Letter to Editor: Disappointed in Town FB Page

Letter to Editor: Disappointed in Town FB Page

The views stated here are those of the individual contributor and do not necessarily reflect those of the staff of HaddamNow.com.

At first I was over joyed in the town setting up a Facebook page for all to see and share! But my hope for better communication between the town and its people has faded. This new page offers nothing new!! Its just another info site of public information. At first I rated the site a 3!! For at least allowing the public to express opinions on the towns posts! But after reading that all comments will be deleted! On what the town posts I was shocked and have lost faith in the town on better communication. Facebook is about two way communication and the town has done its best to limit it to its communication. With proper monitoring of the site! Rude, offensive behavior comments could be deleted and warning of getting blocked if kept up. The town has chosen the path of only one way communication instead which in my view makes the Facebook page practically useless. Other towns and cities do allow public discussion which I applaud.

Stanley Kurasinski

Please follow and like us:

8 Responses to Letter to Editor: Disappointed in Town FB Page

1. Jody Lynn

January 31, 2016 at 8:11 pm

Facebook to me is the last place I would go to get accurate nformation on the town. We have a emergency alert system, well publicized meeting schedules, print news publication, on line news publication and Town website.

2. Chip Frey

February 1, 2016 at 8:35 am

Stanley, Don’t you agree that the Town Employees have a job description that does not include FB interaction? They are busy doing the job that you and I are paying for. I think that should be our priority and not social media. Although social media might be convenient, try setting up an appointment and getting all your questions answered at the same time. Our present leadership is very busy getting educated on the piles and piles of information that is generated, making decisions based on truth and facts and may not have home for social media.
    I, personally, would rather the town be run like a clock that have the clock stopped to post a few comments.

3. Stanley Kurasinski

February 1, 2016 at 8:02 pm

All i want to add is that the facebook page! As it is now is useless and should not even be used.This page has done nothing to improve communication and keeping anyone anymore updated than before it came into place.If the person or persons on the facebook page have time to delete comments posted then they should have to time to see if the comments should be removed in the first place.For me banning public opinion on facebook is just as bad as banning any other public demonstration.

4. Dan Luisi

February 1, 2016 at 8:45 pm

when most people have full time jobs, When are they to have time to set appointment to ask questions, they would have to take time off of work, loose money, to sit down with some one to ask questions? this is 2016 where social media is huge.

5. Yevette DuBois

February 2, 2016 at 11:38 am

I totally agree communication is the key.
    Yevette DuBois

6. Chip Frey

February 2, 2016 at 12:49 pm

When do they find the time to do this and continually answer questions and posts? Some of you are the same ones that complain about the town spending money.
    . You can’t have it both ways!!!

7. Stanley Kurasinski

February 2, 2016 at 4:22 pm

I would think that if there was any extra cost in monitoring the Facebook page!(which shouldn’t be much) the rewards would far out weigh the costs.

8. Stanley Kurasinski

February 4, 2016 at 1:06 pm

Even though i don’t approve of no public comments allowed on the towns Facebook page i can see that the town is trying! For that i give them credit and hope in the future some improvements to the site can be made.